You’re invited to visit this “Right Sized” Custom Home in Woodbury on Saturday July 15 to see first hand how it is designed and built for High Performance.
This new home being built in Woodbury will produce all the energy it needs and it will do that for generations to come. These “Net Zero” homes are designed and built differently to achieve this remarkable energy performance. You are invited to join us for a mid construction showcase of the features in this home that make this possible and to hear the story behind the design.
Tours and a talk will take place at the home under construction in Woodbury at 10:30AM and 1:30PM on Saturday July 15th. Register here and we will followup with more information and directions. Help us gauge attendance by choosing a likely time slot.
We’ll be doing more than just showing you how we build better homes. We’ll explain how building this way creates spaces that are significantly more comfortable, healthy, and durable than every other home on the block. You will come away realizing why every home should, and could be built better, and why that matters, not just to the folks who live there, but as an essential response to the environmental challenges we face.
WHAT YOU’LL SEE
- How we construct the super insulated and air sealed building “envelope”
- High performance “net gain” triple glazed windows and where we locate them
- Small and efficient heating and cooling system
- Constant fresh air system with heat recovery (it captures heat that normal ventilation loses)
- How simple forms and modest space feels big and looks good
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Strategies to design and build a high performance home
- How to set the stage to make smart choices when planning a new home (or remodeling an existing one)
- How some old ideas can be combined with today’s most advanced building practices
- Why better comfort, health, durability, and performance need to be baked in, not pasted on
- How we are integrating solar, battery storage, and electric vehicles (batteries on wheels) to “bank” energy harvested from the sun
- Why this matters to the world and how our homes shape the future
WHO YOU’LL MEET
- Jamie Wolf & Kyle Cruz: Wolfworks architects will explain how it all comes together
- Janet Downey & Connor Musinski: Wolfworks builders will explain how its all put together